Experience working with a global network of associates dedicated to providing outstanding customer service
Senior Staff Electrical Engineer
THE COOLEST IN CONSUMER TECHNOLOGY IS HERE!
Do you want a challenging opportunity in a dynamic team environment? Then join Universal Electronics! Founded in 1986, Universal Electronics is the global leader in wireless control technology for the connected home. We design, develop, manufacture and deliver innovative solutions that enable consumers to control entertainment devices, digital media, and cloud connected smart home systems. You may not know about all the products we sell but, our products and technologies are touched by 250 million people every week. Read more at http://www.uei.com.
Universal Electronics offers great benefit to all full-time employees. UEI pays for medical, dental and life insurance for those working full-time and qualifying dependents.
We’re seeking a dynamic, self-motivated, creative individual. The selected candidate will be responsible for driving the transition of new features into development platforms and ultimately into new RF and IR Remote Control products. The individual will lead feasibility tasks, development efforts, perform detailed electrical design to meet the product’s specifications, develop test plans and oversee product validation testing. In addition to the design and development activities you will have the opportunity to lead in the more challenging troubleshooting efforts.
The position requires understanding of the products from the system architecture level through component level design. The ideal candidate will have a broad background and understand product development from concept through development and into high volume production.
- Electrical analysis, design, schematic capture, PCB layout, prototyping, design optimization and troubleshooting. Maintaining familiarity with new features under investigation. Integration of new features into final products. Participate in product specification and system level design reviews.
- In depth understanding of low power microprocessor architecture and SoCs, flash memory devices, display technologies, interface technologies (USB, UART, SPI, I2C), DC-DC converters, sensors (capacitive touch, accelerometers and gyroscopes), and IR (infra-red) design.
- Familiarity with wireless design including Bluetooth/BLE, RF4CE, ZigBee, Wi-Fi, using industry standard SoCs, audio components (electret and MEMs microphones, small speakers, battery powered digital amplifiers). RF SoC experience such as antenna matching and inter-stage matching is a plus.
- Skilled in engineering design, analysis, integration, debug, manufacturing, and documentation tools.
- Working knowledge of common computer tools including MS Office, Excel, Power Point, and ECAD tools such as PADS Schematic Capture and PCB layout tools.
- Expert in the hands-on use of lab equipment such as multi-meter, oscilloscope, function generator, spectrum analyzer, audio analyzer, etc.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, interpersonal skills, collaborative skills, cross-functional interface skills, analytical skills and problem solving capabilities are essential.
- Ability to effectively present technical concepts, ideas and information in terms that both engineers and non-engineers can understand.
- BSEE with 7+ years’ experience
- MSEE with 5 + years’ experience
- Ph.D. with 3+ years’ experience
If you share our passion for technology and innovation, want a dynamic career and meet the profile described above, contact us today for immediate consideration. For more information about our organization explore our website and view our benefits page to learn about our outstanding offerings that include major medical, dental and matching 401 (k). Also visit NASDAQ our ticker symbol is UEIC.
Universal Electronics is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Please send resumes to email@example.comApply Now!