Experience working with a global network of associates dedicated to providing outstanding customer service
Our vision is beyond a connected home, rather a smarter home where technology is your friend and not an obstacle. Our fantastic team is focused on next generation distributed platforms for the connected home ecosystem; we solve real life problems and bring improvements to the masses. We are infatuated by technology; however only see it as the means and not the goal itself. We accept no boundaries and no problem should remain unresolved.
Our products and technologies are touched by well over 250 million people every week, and we’re just getting started! We design & developed an extraordinary number of products for the connected home, backed by a complete ecosystem of data driven software solutions & cloud services for connected devices from leading brands in mobile, gaming and consumer electronics segments!
We are currently seeking a highly motivated individual who will work with collaborative engineering teams to integrate technology into working solutions for IR/RF remote controls. We are considering Junior through Senior Level. Any level of developer/engineer who has drive and passion and understands what it takes to succeed in a consumer driven industry. The technology is evolving and the product offerings and increasing. Our Firmware team is truly firmware and software. Although our products are devices this team focuses on all but hardware.
WE ENCOURAGE ALL LEVELS TO APPLY!
- Design, develop, and validate embedded firmware on various micro controllers.
- Create Software Design Specifications from the requirement specification.
- Collaborate with cross functional teams to resolve product issues in different phases
- Lead large/small scale projects with complex features
- Handle multiple projects at various phases.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering or related fields.
- 1-2 years C, Micro-controllers with knowledge of hardware application for Junior level
- 10+ year extensive experience with all phases of embedded firmware development life cycle for Senior
- Experience in various RF technologies and profiles such as BT classic, BLE, Zigbee, RF4CE, Wi-Fi.
- Extensive experience with C and assembly programming.
- Extensive knowledge of software development methodologies and quality control processes.
- Experience with various MCU cores (16 to 32-bits, common ARM Cortex) and peripherals.
- Experience with firmware development in platform independent environments
- Experience with scripting languages and for test automation (Perl, Python or similar)
- Experience with Firmware debug skills with tools such as JTAG/serial debugger, protocol analyzer and oscilloscopes.
- Experience in consumer electronics product development, especially hand-held devices.
- Capable of working on multiple projects in a deadline driven environment
- Capable of providing solutions when presented with conflicting requirements and technical challenges
We have a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, life insurance, 401(k), bonus plan, vacation pay, holiday pay, and tuition reimbursement.
Universal Electronics is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
If you share our passion for technology, and possess the position requirements listed above, please email your resume and salary history to Mara McElroy email@example.comApply Now!