Experience working with a global network of associates dedicated to providing outstanding customer service
Director, Data Operations
Our vision is beyond a connected home, rather a smarter home where technology is your friend and not an obstacle. Our fantastic team is focused on next generation distributed platforms for the connected home ecosystem; we solve real life problems and bring improvements to the masses. We are infatuated by technology; however only see it as the means and not the goal itself. We accept no boundaries and no problem should remain unresolved.
Our products and technologies are touched by well over 250 million people every week, and we’re just getting started! We design & developed an extraordinary number of products for the connected home, backed by a complete ecosystem of data driven software solutions & cloud services for connected devices from leading brands in mobile, gaming and consumer electronics segments!
As a member of this multi-disciplinary team you will be involved in every aspect of next generation data-driven products (ideation, architecture & development, market positioning, etc.). This would require deep understanding of UEI’s core technologies as well as technology trends in data mining & cloud services. You will always be faced with a new puzzle to solve with current or new technologies with a single goal in mind, an unmatched user experience for our products.
More specifically, Data Operations team focuses on applying the latest cloud technologies, data workflows to formalize and execute the optimal operational strategies for growing our knowledge graph of connected devices in the home.
We are all students here, and we do what it takes to achieve the goal. We are looking for a hands-on natural leader to join the fun.
This role has responsibility to lead the overall Data Operations & Tooling efforts that power QuickSet Cloud services and enable a range of new data driven high performance applications for the smart home.
- Define, execute and refine the Data Operation strategy for the company addressing technical and operational challenges in a globally expanding solution
- Design and execute optimal technical solutions to address data analytics, data workflow and tooling needs to achieve greater levels of intelligence based on our growing data assets
- Design and execute optimal processes and strategies to enable global expansion of our data coverage with operational efficiency, with the correct mix of high and low tech solutions to problems
- Design and develop tools to process large data sets with statistical algorithms, machine learning and data mining methodologies
- Lead our strong team of multi-disciplinary geographically distributed developers, data ops and field staff in a fast-paced environment, working side by side and energizing as a whole
- Required – An Innovator, disrupter, and entrepreneur and a natural leader
- B.S. degree in Computer Science or related technical field with 8+ years of experience, graduate degree preferred
- Possess a strong technical background, a hands-on leader and able to learn & apply new topics quickly and efficiently
- Superior verbal and written communication skills, and highly comfortable with C-Level interactions
- Strong background in Microsoft technology stack including Azure, .Net, SQL Server and other common cloud technologies
- Experience with high availability large scale cloud platform, modern data architectures , DevOps
- Proven track record of building and expanding strong multi-disciplinary geographically distributed teams in a fast-paced environment, handling technical and operational challenges for growth
- Must be able to assess scope and define timelines, plans, and roadmap
- Must be able to travel internationally as required
We have a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, life insurance, 401(k), bonus plan, vacation pay, holiday pay, and tuition reimbursement.
If you share our passion for technology and have all of the requirements listed above, please send your resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Universal Electronics is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer!Apply Now!