Experience working with a global network of associates dedicated to providing outstanding customer service
Corporate Product Owner – Hardware Platform Architect
Our vision is beyond a connected home, rather a smarter home where technology is your friend and not an obstacle. The Corporate Product & Strategy team is focused on next generation innovative control platforms within the home ecosystem; we solve real life problems and bring improvements to the mass. We are infatuated by technology; however only see it as the means and not the goal itself. We accept no boundaries and no problem should remain unresolved.
As a member of this team you will be involved in every aspect of next generation platform design and implementation efforts (customer engagements, concept, hardware & software design & development). This would require deep understanding of UEI’s core technologies as well as industry and technology trends. You will always be faced with a new puzzle to solve, technology to study and limitation to work around.
We are all students here, and we do what it takes to achieve the goal. We are looking for a hands-on fellow scientist to join the fun.
The Corporate Hardware Product Owner / Architect is responsible for translating consumer needs into corporate hardware products, platforms and technologies. This requires end-to-end responsibility for product definition, architecture, and driving a successful implementation to translate customer needs into viable & unique solutions that UEI can offer.
- Define and implement product roadmaps for our expanding range of corporate hardware platforms and products ranging from low power wireless SoCs, advanced wireless remote controls and sensors, as well as newer hardware products
- Engage with global commercial teams, and strategic customers to identify common consumer and industry needs to address
- Drive multiple cross department multi-regional designs from concept through realization (hands on in every aspect of the process)
- Study and benchmark emerging technologies and solutions to define technology roadmaps
- Design and develop innovative & highly optimized solutions integrating advanced communication and navigation technologies for a connected home ecosystem
- Self-motivated & a Leader, Innovative and a passion for results!
- MSc & 5 years of experience in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or related field (PhD preferred).
- Extensive experience in Embedded Wireless System design, including embedded software, firmware, hardware system design, and low power wireless communication protocols
- Full product life-cycle ownership from concept to production for internal product concepts to external customer-driven designs
- Experience & Passion in Consumer Electronics, Human-Machine Interactions, etc.
- Extensive experience with wireless communication standards, e.g. Bluetooth Low Energy, Zigbee, Zigbee RF4CE, Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, Thread, etc.
- Experience in design of high volume highly optimized battery powered embedded systems
- Experience with input technologies and devices, e.g., capacitive touch, voice, OFN, etc.
- Comfortable with C-level interactions
- Collaborate and discuss new technologies and approaches with technology partners and customers
- Build strategic customer & vendor relationships
- Ability to explain key benefits and tradeoffs of various technology platforms
- Write product specification document for sales purposes
- Work with Cost Management Engineering on unit costing and with Sales to develop pricing
- Define and document detailed product features, functions, and requirements
- Manage Engineering and Project/Product Management in initial phase
- Travel with Sales to strategic customers in pre-production phase in order to assist in selling the technical concept of the product
- Train global Application Engineering team on technology solutions
- Support technology introductions and new product launches at global trade events
Experience in following areas a strong plus:
- Algorithm Development, Optimization, Wireless Communication Protocols, Virtual Machine, Compression, Image processing
- Accelerometer, Gyroscope, Magnetometer, Capacitive Touch, Inductive touch, Piezoelectric Touch, Voice Recognition
- Infrared, XMP, FSK/ASK, Z-Wave, Zigbee, RF4CE, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, Thread, Ethernet, IPv6, TCP, UDP, HTTP, 6lowPAN
- RISC, CISC, ARM, Cortex-M, TFT, OLED, CSTN, USB
- Embedded Systems, RTOS, Android, Linux, C/C++
- HDMI, CEC, EDID, OCAP, UPnP, DLNA, IPTV, connected TV
- Inductive Charging, Energy Harvesting
In addition to a great working environment, we provide a comprehensive benefits program designed to make employees’ lives better - a wide range of benefits with built-in flexibility.
If you share our passion for technology and innovation, want a dynamic career and meet the requirements described above, contact us today for immediate consideration. Email resume and salary requirements to email@example.com.
Universal Electronics Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.Apply Now!