Experience working with a global network of associates dedicated to providing outstanding customer service
SQL Database Developer, Data Infrastructure
Our vision is beyond a connected home, rather a smarter home where technology is your friend and not an obstacle. Our fantastic team is focused on next generation distributed platforms for the connected home ecosystem; we solve real life problems and bring improvements to the masses. We are infatuated by technology; however only see it as the means and not the goal itself. We accept no boundaries and no problem should remain unresolved.
Our products and technologies are touched by well over 250 million people every week, and we’re just getting started! We design & developed an extraordinary number of products for the connected home, backed by a complete ecosystem of data driven software solutions & cloud services for connected devices from leading brands in mobile, gaming and consumer electronics segments!
As a member of this multi-disciplinary team you will be involved in every aspect of next generation data-driven products (ideation, architecture & development, market positioning, etc.). This would require deep understanding of UEI’s core technologies as well as technology trends in data mining & cloud services. You will always be faced with a new puzzle to solve with current or new technologies with a single goal in mind, an unmatched user experience for our products.
We are all students here, and we do what it takes to achieve the goal. We are looking for a hands-on self-starter to join the fun.
- Work with key individuals to identify, prioritize, manage and track outstanding development tasks.
- Build and refine the infrastructure, data architecture, data models, and integration architecture while also ensuring the solutions supports user-driver, self-service analytics.
- Design and develop tools to process large data sets with statistical algorithms, machine learning, data mining and predictive simulations.
- Design, evaluate and optimize database structures (tables, views, and functions) while developing methods / scripts for monitoring database capacity, usage and performance.
- Design and optimize database schema, architecture, queries, and complex stored procedures, for OLTP, OLAP and unstructured data services.
- in a team environment to design, implement, extend, and maintain both internal as well as customer facing web services.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related technical field with 5+ years of experience. Graduate degree preferred.
- Be an Innovator, Disrupter, Leader and Entrepreneur.
- Possess a strong technical background and able to learn and apply new topics quickly and efficiently.
- Superior verbal and written communications skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft SQL Server and other most common backend Microsoft technologies.
- Proficiency in Microsoft.Net (C#), WCF and complementary business layer and front-end technologies.
- Strong knowledge with T-SQL.
Desired additional skills include:
- Experience working within a multi-country, multi-timezone fast moving team
- Exposure to cloud services like Azure and AWS
- Experience with high availability, clustering, replication, disaster recovery
- Experience with BI suites such as Tableau
- Experience with Data Warehousing and ETL tools is a strong plus
- Fluency in modern data architectures (e.g. Drizzle, Hadoop, Redis, mongoDB) and various SQL storage engines
- Advanced Data Modeling development tools such as ErWin
- Familiar with Data Modeling disciplines and advanced data patterns such as Adaptive Object Models (AOM)
- Data Warehouse Architect with No SQL experience is a plus
We have a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, life insurance, 401(k), bonus plan, vacation pay, holiday pay, and tuition reimbursement.
If you share our passion for technology and have all of the requirements listed above, please send your resume and salary requirements to email@example.com.
Universal Electronics is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer!Apply Now!