Experience working with a global network of associates dedicated to providing outstanding customer service
Manager, Software Application Engineering
Our vision is beyond a connected home, rather a smarter home where technology is your friend and not an obstacle. Our fantastic team is focused on next generation distributed platforms for the connected home ecosystem; we solve real life problems and bring improvements to the masses. We are infatuated by technology; however only see it as the means and not the goal itself. We accept no boundaries and no problem should remain unresolved.
Our products and technologies are touched by well over 250 million people every week, and we’re just getting started! We designed & developed an extraordinary number of products for the connected home, backed by a complete ecosystem of data driven embedded software solutions & cloud services for connected devices from leading brands in mobile, gaming and consumer electronics segments!
As a member of this multi-disciplinary team you will be involved in every aspect of next generation data-driven products. This would require deep understanding of UEI’s core technologies as well as technology trends in embedded systems, and consumer electronics. You will always be faced with a new puzzle to solve with current or new technologies with a single goal in mind, an unmatched user experience for our products.
We are all students here, and we do what it takes to achieve the goal. We are looking for a hands-on self-starter to join the fun.
The Software Application Engineering Manager is a member of the software development team and will report into the Software Engineering team Director in San Mateo CA.
- Direct access to all software development teams and Management
- AE/Program Management/Sales
Engineers (Major OEM’s for STB’s OTT’s,
mobile phones, tablets, TVs, and other consumer electronics products)
This role will be involved in the complete product lifecycle with focus on managing the international based Software Application Engineering team. The Software Application Engineers are software developers with focus on supporting specific customer accounts and implementations. This is a hands-on position involving direct participation in as well as managing the expanding teams located in offices worldwide including; Hong Kong, Amsterdam and Bangalore. Teams’ responsibilities include the release and support of our embedded and data driven software solutions to customers. The position will include being involved in the specification and development of software applications as well as direct integration support including onsite technical support with our customers ‘at key times’ in the development and deployment of the projects. The Software Application Engineer Manager will be responsible for communicating clearly with customers and also to other members of the development and deployment teams so that all issues are clearly understood and customers’ expectations are managed.
Position includes software development of the core products and services as well as providing direct and indirect customer support of those products.
- As member of the software development group –
- Coordinating software application engineering team support of new feature implementations and product releases
- Oversee teams customer deployment tasks in online project management system
- Coordinate and manage issue/bug resolution and sustaining support of existing releases
- Generate and validate customer/platform specific SDK’s.
- Assist customers with integration of the SDK’s within their products.
- Participate in dialog with other developers in discussing current and proposed architecture, defects, enhancements and other issues.
- Work with and maintain automated build and test framework.
- Maintain and publish detailed build test strategies, test plans, test cases and test reports.
- Work directly with FAE and Product teams.
- Demonstrated organizational skills, with ability to handle and prioritize multiple projects in a timely manner in a fast-paced environment.
- Required – Energetic and a natural innovator
- Superior verbal and written communication skills
- B.S. degree in Computer Science or related technical field
- 5-8 years’ experience developing software for consumer products and embedded environments
- 2-5 years’ experience managing technical staff
- Experience with the following programming languages: C/C++ and Java; C# and Objective C a plus
- Experience with the following RF technologies: BLE, RF4CE, ZigBee; Wi-Fi a plus
- Experience troubleshooting networking issues
- Experience with Android and Linux platforms; iOS and Windows 8/10 a plus
- Experience with Web technologies
- Working knowledge of Agile development methodologies and software development life cycle
- Experience with creating and executing software build scripts
- Experience with automated test frameworks, and technical documentation a plus
- Experience and knowledge with embedded devices; TV, STB, Game platforms a plus
- Fluent in English
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Experience working with international colleagues or clients
- Willingness and ability to travel to customer sites within the US and Canada
- Ability to travel to Korea, Japan, Taiwan and China, and other countries a plus
- Solid understanding of software fundamentals
We have a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, life insurance, 401(k), bonus plan, vacation pay, holiday pay, and tuition reimbursement. Universal Electronics is an Equal Opportunity Employer.Apply Now!