Experience working with a global network of associates dedicated to providing outstanding customer service
Android Java Developer
Our vision is beyond a connected home, rather a smarter home where technology is your friend and not an obstacle. Our fantastic team is focused on next generation distributed platforms for the connected home ecosystem; we solve real life problems and bring improvements to the masses. We are infatuated by technology; however only see it as the means and not the goal itself. We accept no boundaries and no problem should remain unresolved.
Our products and technologies are touched by well over 250 million people every week, and we’re just getting started! We designed & developed an extraordinary number of products for the connected home, backed by a complete ecosystem of data driven embedded software solutions & cloud services for connected devices from leading brands in mobile, gaming and consumer electronics segments!
Position in the Organization:
The Android Java Engineer is a member of the software development team and will report into the Software Engineering Director in San Mateo CA.
This role will be involved in the complete product lifecycle with focus on product releases of our embedded and data driven software solutions. The position is located in the San Mateo, CA office. Primary responsibilities include core SDK product development as well as providing direct and in-direct customer support of those products.
- As member of the software development group -
- Support of new feature implementations and product releases
- issue/bug resolution and sustaining support of existing releases
- Work as a member of the Agile cross-functional development team; release and iteration planning; development of user stories, unit test and feature implementation.
- Participate in dialog with other developers in discussing current and proposed architecture(s), defects, enhancements and other issues.Work with and maintain automated build and test framework.
- Work with and maintain automated build and test framework.
- Understanding of software development life cycle
- Demonstrated organizational skills, with ability to handle and prioritize multiple projects in a timely manner in a fast-paced environment.
- Required – Energetic and a natural innovator
- Superior verbal and written communication skills
- B.S. degree in Computer Science or related technical field
- 3-5 years’ experience developing software for consumer products and/or embedded environments.
- Experience with the following programming languages: Java, Ruby; (C,C++, C# and Objective C a plus)
- Web development in a cloud and/or application environment.
- Experience with the following RF technologies: BLE, RF4CE, ZigBee; Wi-Fi a plus
- Experience troubleshooting driver’s and connectivity issues
- Experience with the following technologies: Web Services and JNA/JNI; HTML 5 a plus.
- Experience with Android and Linux platforms; iOS and Windows 8/10 a plus
- Working knowledge of Agile development methodologies and software development life cycle
- Solid understanding of software fundamentals
- Experience with automated test frameworks, and technical documentation a plus
- Experience and knowledge with embedded devices; TV, STB, Game platforms a plus
- Fluent in English
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Experience working with international colleagues or clients
- Willingness and ability to travel to customer sites within the US and Canada
If you share our passion for technology and innovation, want a dynamic career and meet the requirements described above, contact us today for immediate consideration. Email resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Universal Electronics Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.Apply Now!