Experience working with a global network of associates dedicated to providing outstanding customer service
Sr. Quality Engineer
The Senior Quality Engineer (SQE) is responsible for
securing the quality of our products during the product development phase and
manufacturing process. The SQE ensures that product, process and project related
quality risks are quantified upfront and traced. By monitoring product and
software quality KPI’s the QE improves efficiency and accuracy to meet customer
The QE works in a cross functional, intercontinental team and guards the quality interests of both internal and external stakeholders. The position is in our Enschede office and requires travelling on an international level (EU, US, China). The SQE reports to the Quality Manager in Enschede.
Main tasks & responsibilities
- Support and assist with designing portions of
quality requirements, processes and practices into the development, design,
manufacturing phase and continuous improvement of parts of a product or a
- Collect, consolidate and chart data from reports,
testing and process results to identify trends and issues
- Lead supplier quality management activities and
challenge current levels of performance.
- Implement changes to quality processes to reduce
defects and improve quality, conduct DFMEA for projects, introduce Six-Sigma /
- Review and sign off on product compliance
documents (for CE, REACH, RoHS etc.), liaise with local and international test
labs for conducting tests, & work closely with internal & external
teams to determine compliance requirements for specific markets (Asia, Europe,
Latin America, Australia etc.)
- The QE proactively supports product
qualification and high volume manufacturing readiness
- Conduct root cause analysis on NPI and field
- Knowledge and experience on the product
development life cycle for technically challenging projects with QA deliverables
that contain extensive analysis and test results.
- Understanding of material properties, hardware
and electrical component design and manufacture, quality standards and
- Knowledge on EU legislations and standards such
as EMC, REACH, RoHS, RED etc.
- Skilled in adopting proven and professional
methodologies towards measuring quality during entire manufacturing process.
Understanding the parameters to measure, type of equipment and error modes
during test preparation.
- Understanding on the concepts of quality
measurement within IQC, IPQC and OQC. Able to deduce trends from raw figures,
compare and make inferences from KPI data and trends to suggest corrective
- Experience in a similar role within a high
volume manufacturing environment.
Additional preferred requirements:
- Bachelor / master degree in Engineering (ex.
electrical, electronics, industrial, mechanical, manufacturing)
- Technical background with experience in working
on product design, engineering, layout, software validation and/or PCB and
- Understanding of the software development
process, best practices, types of software testing, software quality metrics etc.
- Experience in embedded software development,
exposure to technologies such as Bluetooth, voice recognition, accelerometer
implementations etc. on consumer electronics products.
- Knowledge in the concept and application of
FMEA, design for manufacture, user centered design etc.,
- Able to work within a cross-functional team
- Open minded, analytic, problem solving, advising
skills, flexible and willing to travel.
For this role also (foreign) candidates who are willing to relocate or willing to work from their home office and travel to Enschede on a regular base are invited to apply.
Be part of a team that has a true passion for innovation and technology. Those passions resonate worldwide throughout all of UEI’s locations with talented innovators, engineers and designers. Team members are focused on improving the user experience while solving industry and consumer challenges.
UEI offers talent the opportunity to develop oneself and grow both horizontal or vertically throughout the global organization. An interesting remuneration package, relocation allowance (when needed), bonus.
For more information about UEI and the role offered, please contact Rianne Schutte – HR Manager at Hremea@uei.com / +31 534888000
Universal Electronics B.V., Colosseum 2, 7521 PT Enschede, The Netherlands
Learn more about us on YouTube:
- 30 years
Universal Electronics: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJ-bvBUktiE
- QuickSet: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4kd9piG_Xks
- Retail brand
One For All: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qJuQOl0_VAw&feature=youtu.be