Experience working with a global network of associates dedicated to providing outstanding customer service
The BI Developer position is a technical role within
UEI’s IT department and has responsibility for the Business Intelligence and
Planning applications footprint. This position will assist in executing the
direction from the Manager of BI and Planning Applications. Strong partnership
with stakeholders across the global enterprise is mandatory to deliver key
initiatives. The position will lead the Bangalore BI development team by supervising
functional roles and responsibilities, managing functional needs and
requirements, and mentoring the team in their support of project-related
activities. The position may also lead additional contract resources as
required, with strategic partners / suppliers in the US and abroad.
- Works together with Manager of BI and
Planning Applications to execute the global BI and Planning Information
Strategy and Vision in line with the company’s goals and objectives and in line
with the VP of Global IT’s direction.
- Works together with Manager of BI and
Planning Applications to create and maintain a consistent Business Intelligence
technical architecture along with standards, policies, procedures, measures and
- Collaborates with the Business to
gather business requirements, plan and implement BI services.
- Delivers the outcome of new or revised
additions and/or enhancements of BI Application components of IT solutions on
time and budget while delivering critical functionality.
- Responsible for full lifecycle
knowledge and support of BI and Planning implementations including business
analysis, design, development, ETL, testing, deployment and support.
- Responsible for proper BI data models
to be used by Data Visualization tooling.
- Ensures that Business Intelligence
services as well as Planning services meet the required service support levels.
- Facilitates the definition and recommends the prioritization of enhancements and requests to meet
the business goals and effective technology usage.
- Acts as a mentor and a leader to other
parts of the Business Intelligence team.
- Works with Internal Audit and supports
SOX compliance requirements related to auditable applications.
- Some international travel required to
strategize with global business partners.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering /
Computer Science / Information Systems or equivalent work experience.
- Multiple years demonstrated success leading and
directing application technologies, with emphasis in Business Intelligence and
Business Planning applications implementation.
- Experience in implementation and
support of international manufacturing operations.
- Previous Global systems rollouts in
Europe, Asia and/or Americas.
- Multiple Years of Microsoft BI (SSRS/MSRS) and OBIEE
implementation/project management experience.
- Multiple Years’ experience in
Data Visualization tooling and implementations
- Understand Corporate Financial Planning
and Management tools such as Hyperion.
- Understanding of Data Warehouse
principles and practices including star schema, snowflake, OLAP and cube
- Experience as a Business System Analyst
with core understanding of financial and
operational processes, in order to gather/understand business processes
that lead to proper implementation of data models, data marts, end-user reports
and data visualization output.
- Familiar with ETL from multiple
sources, specifically with Oracle Data Integrator (ODI) and Microsoft SQL
Server (SSIS) experience.
- Experience with a Scrum/Agile
- Hands-on leadership style with ability
to get in the details when required.
- Strong team player, partnering with
senior/executive management and individual contributors.
- Excellent presentation/communication
- Exceptional problem solving and
Be part of a Team that has a true passion for innovation and technology. Those passions resonate worldwide throughout all of UEI’s locations with talented innovators, Engineers and Designers. Team members are focused on improving the user experience while solving industry and consumer challenges.
UEI offers talent the opportunity to develop one’s self and grow both horizontal or vertically throughout the global organization.
For more information about UEI and the role offered, please contact Rianne Schutte – HR Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org / +31 534888000
Universal Electronics B.V., Colosseum 2, 7521 PT Enschede, The Netherlands
Learn more about us on YouTube:
- 30 years
Universal Electronics: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJ-bvBUktiE
- QuickSet: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4kd9piG_Xks
- Retail brand One For