Experience working with a global network of associates dedicated to providing outstanding customer service
Application Engineer (Jr.)
To further strengthen our EMEA team we need a new (Jr.) Applications Engineer who will support our team in Enschede, The Netherlands.
As an Applications Engineer you will be analysing and flowing down the design requirements, translate them to engineering language and then work with engineers and project managers to manufacture the products. This is a multidisciplinary job which embraces broadening your knowledge in various engineering fields (Software, Hardware, Mechanical) and staying up-to-date with the new standards and advances in the industry. Internal contacts are Field Applications Engineers, Project Managers, Sales Team, Product Managers. External contacts are Customers (Set Top Box manufacturers, broadcasters, CE manufacturers), Industrial Designers.
- Supporting Sales team and Field Applications Engineers in pre-sales activities
- Ownership of quotations and technical proposals in RFIs, RFPs and RFQs
- Analysing customer requirements and compiling general specification documents for sales purposes
- Customizing existing products and platforms for new customers according to their requirements
- Working with internal team to understand cost drivers and to meet customer price targets
- Working with engineers to define hardware/software/mechanical features, colours, silk-screening etc. for designing products
- Supporting Project Managers in providing requirements into the backstage organization for project development and delivery
- Providing post-sales technical support
- Bachelor or higher education level in Electrical Engineering, Software Engineering, or Electromechanical engineering
- Understanding systems architecture (software, electronics, embedded systems)
- Skills in Linux and embedded systems
- Demonstrated knowledge in wireless communication systems e.g. ZigBee, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Z-Wave, etc.
- Fluent in English language with presentation skills
- Ambition and Creativity
- Flexibility (no 9:00 to 17:00 mentality)
- Willingness to learn
- Experience of working in a project team
- Willingness to travel internationally on short notice (Maximum 15% of job)
- Commercial attitude
For this role also (foreign) candidates who are willing to relocate or willing to work from their home office and travel to Enschede on a regular base are invited to apply.
Be part of a Team that has a true passion for innovation and technology. Those passions resonate worldwide throughout all of UEI’s locations with talented innovators, Engineers and Designers. Team members are focused on improving the user experience while solving industry and consumer challenges.
UEI offers talent the opportunity to develop one’s self and grow both horizontal or vertically throughout the global organization.
For more information about UEI and the role offered, please contact Rianne Schutte – HR Manager at email@example.com / +31 534888000
Universal Electronics B.V., Colosseum 2, 7521 PT Enschede, The Netherlands
Learn more about us on YouTube:
- 30 years Universal Electronics: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJ-bvBUktiE
- QuickSet: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4kd9piG_Xks
- Retail brand One For All: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qJuQOl0_VAw&feature=youtu.be