Experience working with a global network of associates dedicated to providing outstanding customer service
Senior Manager of Quality Assurance
This position is based out of our Yangzhou Factory in Baoying, PRC. The successful candidate will enjoy an environment where creativity is encouraged in problem solving and she/he can thrive with a growing company.
Founded in 1986, Universal Electronics is a global leader in wireless control technology for the connected home. We design, develop, and deliver innovative solutions that enable consumers to control entertainment devices, digital media, and home security systems. You may not know about all the products we sell but, our products and technologies are touched by millions of people every week!
Aside from challenging and great projects to work on, we provide competitive benefits.
We offer a competitive remuneration package, pension plan, additional performance related bonus, and the opportunity to work in a very successful international organization
Responsibilities: This position is responsible for providing Quality Assurance throughout our manufacturing factories at GTY and UEY.
- The Senior Quality Assurance Manager will lead Quality responsibilities to fulfill customer quality expectations, product specifications, and requirements.
- Drive a QA cultural shift from a reactive approach of firefighting to a Proactive approach of well-conceived factory controls.
- Coordinate root cause analysis of field issues, generate 8D report, and drive issue resolution.
- Head continuous improvement through good communication with all departments involved.
- Lead customer audits at both factories located in Baoying (GTY/UEY) and provide closure of corrective actions.
- Provide monthly metrics to VP of Global Quality Assurance and Senior Management in Asia.
- Drive key quality metrics improvements and initiatives to increase Open-Box -audit (OBA) and First-Pass-Yield (FPY) performance while reducing customer complaints and scrap rate.
- Training/certify inspectors at on cosmetic inspection.
- Guide QMS Data Collection Analysis and Improvements
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical, Mechanical, or Industrial Engineering.
- 10 - 15 years in a Quality Assurance with a successful track record leading Quality Assurance teams.
- Experience with all areas of quality assurance, product compliance, and ISO systems. Process engineering a plus.
- Demonstrate use and ability to apply critical thinking to problem solving.
- Proven ability to effectively prioritize, escalate, and drive solutions to customer issues.
- Proven ability to lead difficult problem solving meetings with all functions, levels, and customer representatives, clearly articulating information.
- Knowledge and ability to ensure compliance with customer, regulatory, and environmental requirements such as RoHS, REACH, Sony Green, etc…
- Must be self-motivated and driven.
- Fluent in Mandarin and English.
If you feel you qualify please send your resume to:
CFO and Human Resource VP, Asia
Universal Electronics, Inc.