Experience working with a global network of associates dedicated to providing outstanding customer service
Embedded Software Engineer
Our vision is beyond a connected home, rather a smarter home where technology is your friend and not an obstacle. Our fantastic team is focused on next generation distributed platforms for the connected home ecosystem; we solve real life problems and bring improvements to the masses. We are infatuated by technology; however only see it as the means and not the goal itself. We accept no boundaries and no problem should remain unresolved.
Our products and technologies are touched by well over 250 million people every week, and we’re just getting started! We design & developed an extraordinary number of products for the connected home, backed by a complete ecosystem of data driven embedded software solutions & cloud services for connected devices from leading brands in mobile, gaming and consumer electronics segments!
As a member of this multi-disciplinary team you will be involved in every aspect of next generation data-driven products. This would require deep understanding of UEI’s core technologies as well as technology trends in embedded systems, and consumer electronics. You will always be faced with a new puzzle to solve with current or new technologies with a single goal in mind, an unmatched user experience for our products.
We are all students here, and we do what it takes to achieve the goal. We are looking for a hands-on self-starter to join the fun.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Required – Energetic and a natural innovator
- Superior verbal and written communication skills:
- English and at least one other language; Chinese, Korean, Japanese.
- B.S. degree in Computer Science or related technical field with 2+ years of work experience
- Strong skills in C/C++/Java; design, coding, testing, debugging, integration and documentation
- Working knowledge of Agile development methodologies and software development life cycle.
- Experience with Embedded Linux and Android - eexperience with Windows and iOS a plus
- Experience with creating and executing software build scripts
- Experience with Test automation frameworks, and Technical documentation a plus
- Experience and knowledge with embedded devices; TV, STB, Game platforms a plus
This role will be involved in the complete product lifecycle with focus on customer specific releases of or embedded and data driven software solutions. The position is located in the Hong Kong office. Reports to the Hong Kong software lead and core development team in San Mateo CA. Primary responsibilities include core SDK product development as well as providing direct and in-direct customer support of those products.
- Support of new feature implementations and
- Issue/bug resolution and sustaining support
of existing releases.
- Generate and validate customer/platform
- Assist customers with integration of the
SDK’s within their products.
- Work directly
with FAE and Product teams.
in dialog with other developers in discussing current and proposed
architecture, defects, enhancements and other issues.
with and maintain automated build and test framework.
and publish detailed documentation for SDK build and test methods.
organizational skills, with ability to handle and prioritize multiple projects
in a timely manner in a fast-paced environment.
ability to travel Japan/Korea/US/PRC.